The National Working Group for the “EU Youth Dialogue” is organizing a photo competition under the title: “Click for YOUth”.
The aim of the photo competition is to encourage young people to capture various aspects of democratic participation/active citizenship and to express their thoughts, ideas, opinions, and concerns, in relation to active participation through a creative and artistic process.
The competition in the context of the 8th Cycle for the “EU Youth Dialogue” is open for young people (15-30 years old) and will run from the 21st of September until the 5th of November.
The three (3) competition winners will receive the prizes listed below:
- 1st Place – Action Camera: GoPro HERO8
- 2nd Place – Instant Camera: Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 Instant Camera
- 3rd Place – Portable Photo Printer: Canon SELPHY CP1300
The photo competition is held under the auspices of the National Working Group for the “EU Youth Dialogue” which is made up of representatives of the Cyprus Youth Council, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport and Youth, the Cyprus Youth Board, the Erasmus+ National Agency, a member of the Team of the Youth Ambassadors of the EU Youth Dialogue and a Youth Expert. The National Working Group is chaired by the Cyprus Youth Council.
You can find the terms and conditions of the Competition at the website of the EU Youth Dialogue in Cyprus at www.eydcyprus.eu.
For more information, please contact the Cyprus Youth Council (website: https://cyc.org.cy/, email: email@example.com, tel.: 22-878316) or please visit our social media pages (Facebook και Instagram).
“EU Youth Dialogue”
The European Youth Dialogue is a dialogue mechanism between young people and decision-makers taking place in the framework of the EU Youth Strategy. This is a way to ensure that the opinion, views, and needs of young people and youth organizations are taken into account when defining the EU’s youth policies. The dialogue with policymakers and other dialogue activities happens in 18-month work cycles. Each cycle focuses on a different theme. The current one is the 8th cycle of the EU Youth Dialogue. The thematic priority of the 8th cycle is based on Youth Goal number 9 of the EU Youth Strategy: “Space and Participation for All”. You can find more information regarding the EU Youth Dialogue, the EU Youth Strategy, and the Youth Goals at the website of the European Union here.
The need for adequate space and the encouragement of democratic participation stems from the common observation that young people are underrepresented in decision-making processes that affect them, although their engagement is crucial to democracy. Accordingly, the conclusions of the 8th cycle highlight the need for inclusion of young people in the decision-making process as well as their equal representation in the electoral processes. Furthermore, the results of the 8th cycle of the EU Youth Dialogue highlighted the need for the creation of dedicated physical and virtual youth spaces defined by being autonomous, open and safe, accessible to all, offering professional support for development, ensuring opportunities for youth participation, and provide access to information and services. The above suggestions are based on consultations held at the European level and recorded in the report «EU Youth Dialogue 8th Cycle Qualitative Consultations Report», aiming to strengthen the democratic participation and autonomy of young people.
Young participants have the opportunity to express their concerns and their point of view regarding Youth Goal number 9 of the EU Youth Strategy: “Space and Participation for All” through their camera lens!
Information and terms of participation:
- Eligible to participate are young people 15 – 30 years old, residents of Cyprus. Professional photographers are not allowed to participate.
- Both color and black and white photos will be accepted.
- Each participant can submit up to four (4) photos of which only one can be awarded.
- The photographs to be submitted in the competition must be in high-resolution form with dimensions 30X40cm. Photographs must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants are required to submit their photos via email including the following information: their name, phone number, date of birth, and the title of the photo. The subject of the email should be “Click for YOUth”. Entries that do not include the above information will be deemed invalid and excluded from the competition.
- The entrant must be the intellectual creator (sole and exclusive owner) of the work that he/she submits.
- If any of the submitted photos contains readily identifiable persons, the participant will be requested to provide the written consent of such personsin accordance with the applicable law on personal data protection.
- The participants with their participation in the competition, provide to the National Working Group for the “EU Youth Dialogue”, their explicit consent and permission for the use of the participating photographs in relation to any publication that the National Working Group will undertake, in any document, newspapers, albums, posters, social media, websites, photograph exhibitions, or for any other related use of the photographs submitted related to the promotion of the Competition and the EU Youth Dialogue, for a non-commercial and non-business purpose.
- Photos that have been awarded or featured in previous Pancyprian or other competitions will not be accepted.
- A four-judge panel appointed by the National Working Group for the EU Youth Dialogue will judge the photos submitted and select the three (3) winning photos.
- An exhibition of the award-winning photos and selected submissions will be held after the end of the Competition. The date
- The date of the exhibition will be announced after the end of the closure of the competition.
- The results will be announced and published at the website of the EU Youth Dialogue: www.eydcyprus.eu
- 1ο βραβείο – Action Camera: GoPro HERO8
- 2ο βραβείο – Instant Camera: Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 Instant Camera
- 3ο βραβείο – Portable Photo Printer: Canon SELPHY CP1300