The Cyprus Youth Council (CYC) organised a study visit in Larnaca, Cyprus, under the title “STRUCTURED DIALOGUE ON THE MOVE”, in order to evaluate the status of the Structured Dialogue process and represent proposals and recommendations for the improvement of the process in view of the Review Conference for the process that took place on 4 – 6 May 2015 in Brussels.
The study visit was held in 18-21 February 2015 in Larnaca and took part 18 delegates form a number of National Youth Councils (NYCs) and International Non-governmental Youth Organizations (INGYOs).
- Cyprus Youth Council (Organizer)
- European Youth Forum (role: Expert)
- National Youth Council of Hungary
- Hellenic National Youth Council
- National Youth Council of Italy
- National Youth Council of Portugal
- National Youth Council of Romania
- National Youth Council of Slovenia
- Active – Sobriety, Friendship and Peace
- Erasmus Student Network – ESN
- Organising Bureau of European School Student Unions – OBESSU
- Youth for Exchange and Understanding – YEU
- Association des États Généraux des Étudiants de l’Europe – AEGEE
- Elisa Popper – European Youth Forum
- Charalambos Solonos – Cyprus Youth Council
The discussion at the study visit focused on six interrelated aspects of the process and reached a number of important results. Special emphasis was given on developing the aspects of follow-up and monitoring of the implementation.
- COMMITMENT OF DG REPRESENTATIVES AND MEMBER STATES
- FOLLOW UP AND DISSEMINATION OF THE RESULTS
- MONITORING OF THE STRUCTURED DIALOGUE
- IMPLEMENTATION OF OUTCOMES
- INCLUSIVENESS OF THE STRUCTURED DIALOGUE TO A WIDE RANGE OF YOUNG PEOPLE
- VISIBILITY OF THE STRUCTURED DIALOGUE PROCESS
The study visit was held at the Larnaca House of Arts & Letters and was supported by the Larnaca Municipality as a candidate for the 2017 EU Youth Capital. Additionally it was co-funded by the Key Action 3: Support for Policy Reform of the European programme Erasmus+.